Coffee talk...

 

 

.: The Blogger :.

No more a full-time student
Also a freelance trainer

Is a fan of coffee

Tries to be anonymous here, but pretty unsuccessful

Can be random at times, as you can see.

 

.: Tagboard :.

Tagboard by Tag-Board.Org
Name
URL/Email
Message - Smilies
Make Website
 

 

.: Blog accolades :.

(SPH OMY The Y-bloggist 2009, 8th position)

 

.: The Past Stories :.

  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  •  

    (Old design picture)

     

     

    Monday, June 01, 2009

    "Choose me because..." (OMY Ybloggist competition wild card round)

    Do you want to live in a dark shadow of your life, or do you want to be the light that cast a significant shadow on your life? For me, I chose the latter. Because I tried.

    (Picture removed)
    (A sculpture symbolising the passing on of knowledge from a teacher to a student)

    Dear honourable judges,I remember this day during my first year in junior college. My physics teacher walked to my table, and handed me my assignment. As the piece of paper came into my field of vision, I caught sight of the diagrams and solutions I had written in answer to the questions in the physics assignment. My eyes shifted to the top right hand corner of my assignment in perfect unison. 5 seconds lapsed, as I stared at the top right hand corner of my physics assignment, trying to digest the cold hard fact that was lying in front of me. Yes, I failed my physics assignment, again. That was the 4th time I was greeted with a score that represented a failure of the assignment. I was discouraged. I felt as if a storm had arrived, and snatched all my energy away. I was tired, I was disappointed. Thoughts flooded my mind as a sense of negativity enveloped me. Was I just not suitable to take physics as a subject? After class, I approached my physics teacher and proposed the idea of giving up. I explained to her that I just couldn't understand the baffling concepts in physics. She replied with an understanding nod, but told me to try again. The mid-year examinations whizzed past like a flash, and soon the results returned. I took the examination script and took a glance at the grade, not having much hope, when I realised that I had topped the class. That was the turning point, and from that moment, I managed to score As for physics. Why was I able to do this?
    Because I tried.

    Conrad Hilton once said, that success seems to be connected with action; successful men move forward, but they don quit. Yes, I may have failed the previous round, but I have the choice to try again. Anthony Robbins once quoted, that it is in your moments of decision, that your destiny is shaped. And hence, I'm here to vye for the winning spot in this wild card round. Choose me, because I tried.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home